Friday, November 19, 2010

Motherhood is not for the faint of heart...

My daughter has recently started daycare. She's just over 2 years old and my husband and I have decided that right now daycare is a 3 day a week necessity. Apart from the heartache I feel as she gulped back the tears at home, in the car and on the way to daycare, I know she will be fine. I know she won't remember this by the time she's ready to get married (I pray) and I know that other mothers have it so much harder than I do.

Still, I'm having a hard time accepting and adjusting to this change. I feel know that I am pushing our daughter to do something that she is not ready to do, and although she will adjust, be fine and other kids have it worse than she does it's still hard on all of us.

Us mothers are always in some sort of state of letting go of our babies.


This is a great book that my mother gave me after our daughter was born.


Momma Zen: Walking the Crooked Path of Motherhood

by Karen Maezen Miller 

You can find her website here and her blog here. It is helping me cope with our family's current situation. Perhaps you may find something valuable that applies to your life. Happy reading.


1 comment:

  1. Imara's been in daycare a few times, and then will be starting to go twice a week around May. I feel (and still do) guilty about having her there, but since I work from home there's just no way for me to be productive while she's there. Tried for a long time, and it just doesn't work. I actually cried in the car when I dropped her off, and I almost cried the second time I dropped her off when I heard her cry out, "Mama? Mama?!". BUT, I totally believe that a happy Mama, happy wife, makes for a happy marriage and family unit. We are the "heartbeat" of our homes, so it's important for us to feel somewhat balanced and happy in order to run the show. Imara's 18 months, and really, she's so happy when she's there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...