Monday, June 13, 2011

Chair Gift

I love this idea. A small chair was recovered in plain white canvas and drawn upon with fabric markers as a gift for a child's 1st birthday. From here.

You could take this idea and instead of a chair do up a canvas, blanket, pillowcase, or poster paper (and then have it framed)...The chair is a cool idea but the most labour intensive. Keep in mind that anything that will be used (ie. dirtied) may need to be cleaned...but there's fabric sealers and art supplies for practically anything these days.


Ok...now here's a thought, this would be great gift from a child to a parent. Yes, supervision and help would be required...but I want one in ottoman form for our living room! So, I think I'd have to replace gift with "project" in my case...but that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...