Friday, September 30, 2011

Let Her Eat Cake!

Our daughter will be 3 years old very soon. In preparation for her birthday I've asked her a couple questions, including what kind of cake she wants. She wants a pink cake with her picture on it. Ok. I'm thinking, how can i put her picture on a cake without doing one of those edible photo things?? I'm not sure how she'd feel about a knife going through her photo or someone eating her face, right!?

Bonjour Wilton. I love this idea of putting a plastic picture frame on top of a cake. Now this princess cake is bit blah for me, but the frame on top couldn't get any easier! 


Oh yes, she loves princesses...another idea (thanks mom!) is to simply place a princess tiara (like this one) on top of a cake. I would swap out Jasmine's photo with a photo of our princess, and voila, a princess cake with her picture on it.

I think cakes can make us feel special. If we're lucky enough, we have photos of ourselves as children in front of our birthday cakes, tongues wagging, waiting to dive in! 

Why wait for a "special" occasion to eat cake? If it means hitting your local grocery store and picking up something Yum - Do It! Let's enjoy our lives, that's what they are there for!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...