Sunday, December 11, 2011

Watercolour Icing

I made some shortbread cookies for Christmas and decided to ice them in buttercream (my favorite) with my Wilton Gel Food Colouring (12 pack from Walmart - so good). I had planned to ice each cookie with one colour but, of course, ran out mid way...so I started combining colours and voila a happy accident - watercolour cookies. They are more impressive in person and almost too pretty to eat. Almost.

Lindsay's Buttercream Icing Recipe
1/2 c (or one stick) softened margarine + icing sugar + splash vanilla
Just keep adding icing sugar until you get the consistency/flavour that makes you give yourself a mental high five.
Make it chocolate buttercream by tossing in some cocoa, add instant coffee grinds to chocolate to make mocha.
Can be flavoured with any flavouring (coconut, peppermint, etc.) instead of, or in addition to, vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...