Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Please spank your pomegranate, please...

Do you like pomegranates? We sure do around here. The only thing I'm not crazy about is extracting the fruit. In the past I've tended to break, mash and destroy-ish parts of the seeds, until now...

Youtube deseed a pomegranate and you'll get lots of videos - I combine two techniques, spanking & a bowl full of water. But I'm not sure if the bowl of water is necessary.

I like this pomegranate spanking video best...



Martha Stewart also has a video about "banging" a pomegranate. She is adamant about "banging" it, not spanking it. Maybe she thinks spanking a pomegranate is more offensive than banging it. To each their own. The most interesting thing about her video is her co-host, you can find the video is here.

Maybe you already know this, but since we're on the topic of fruit,  here's how to slice a mango. We buy the yellow skinned ones - like butter. I'm not sure this is my favorite mango cutting video (this one is spicy and funnier) - but I linked up to her weelicious.com website and it was a good find!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...