Friday, October 29, 2010

Big-Eyed Alien Cupcakes!

My husband took our daughter his folks place so I could "tidy up and prepare for tonight" (we're having friends over for dinner and pumpkin carving)... SeCrEt - the TV is on TLC, I've been facebooking & now blogging and next is a long hot shower, then I'll think about power cleaning (!)

I'm proud to say I gave Delish.com's Big-Eyed Alien Cupcake recipe a try...from here (actually it's Martha Stewart's recipe but she gets enough props). The recipe says to use a thin layer of meringue buttercream, instead, I used a thick layer of plain buttercream b/c that's how I roll. 

Their food-photographed end result:



And: Bahh Ba Ba BaHHH!! Our results:

Side note: I had "help" from our ambitious 2 year old and we had a blast as I practiced my zen mantras - ummmmm, sprinnnklessss allll over the flloooor can be swwweeped uppppp....
Did the multi colour batter dump from this post
12 little aliens with chocolate blood shot eyes!

This is Marvin. His hours are numbered.

If you bake something email me a photo, I'd love to post it! Take care and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...