Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas is Coming!

I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday, by far.

So yes, I admit it. I've been perusing the web looking for cute holiday crafts to share with you. Here's the first one I've really liked - from here:


Nice hey? But something was missing for me. It's pretty, yes, but looks like you could buy it anywhere. Here are my thoughts on how to personalize this kind of wreath:
  1. Use the front covers of holiday cards from last year
  2. Use photos of family and friends from past holiday celebrations
  3. Instead of the word Joy, replace it with your family's last name, or another word that sums of the spirit of the holiday season
  4. Use pages from an old dictionary as paper with words you love 
  5. Use pages from your favorite catalogue and compose a wreath of all the gifts you'd like your husband to get for you this year (I'm joking but I know you're imagining what your wreath would look like - I did!)
If the wreath shape just doesn't do it for you try stringing the circles (or squares, or rhombus) along a straight line and prop it up on your mantle. There's no need to discriminate here - we celebrate Christmas but I think this style of craft would be fabulous for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and any other holidays that you love to celebrate in your home! 

Oh man. I've just realized that we haven't even passed Halloween yet - who cares?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...