Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Make yerself a chocolate cake.

This is a recipe circa 1976 (!) from my mom's friend Patty. I think it's the first cake I ever made. In fact, I made myself (I might share...) one tonight and it's super fast, easy, delish and preservative free. If you don't think of yourself as much of a baker give this recipe a try!

Lucy's Miracle Whip Chocolate Cake
Mix well: 
2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa, 2 teaspoons soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt

Add & mix well (you don't even need a mixer)
3/4 miracle whip, 1 cup warm water, 1 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon vanilla

9 x 9 greased pan
350 degrees, 45 minutes

+/- Buttercream Icing
Stir/Beat +/- amount of the following:
1/2 cup margarine/butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon
splash of milk
cocoa/other flavouring (optional)

Tip: put your cake in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to icing (less crumblies)


 = cake 

1 comment:

  1. I have made this cake soooo many times! My mom has a recipe similar to this one. Nostalgic and yummmy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...